Sunday, November 27, 2011

Up in the Air...

Jill again, it's now 1:01 am (still working on your time until we land ). Since David's last post, we boarded Lot Airlines at roughly 6 pm and settled in together in row 34 - out of 37. We spent the first few hours watching a movie, Legends of the Fall. I cried, David might have too, but it was dark. We had an interesting meal of dumplings and some sort of a make-your-own sandwich (when we pressed the stewardess for details, she responded, "I don't know, it's American food"). We both drank what they called "black orange juice", which was definitely closer to grape than any orange I have ever tasted. Luckily, David came prepared with healthy snacks of cheese, carrots and assorted sugar free candies (I'm not including the hard boiled eggs, which I made him deposit in the trash, far from our seats). I'm guessing at some point around 11 pm, we attempted sleep. We each had our own ritual, although both included pills and a pillow, after that our methods are more individual. I required additional layers of outerwear (I was also seated next to the window and Lot Airlines is not big on insulation), a secondary pillow and a blanket. David dons an eye mask and drifts off with music from the iPod. I think he was far more successful at sleep than I was, judging from something that could have been snoring, but he is my boss, so that should probably stay between us.

At roughly 1 am, the cabin lights were suddenly lit and breakfast was being served (It feels like we just finished our dumplings). I have now abandoned all hopes of extended sleep and decided this was a good time to check in with all of you. Breakfast was a tasty sandwich, or maybe we were just hungry, either way it was better than the dumplings.

That basically covers everything since David's last post. If my math and time difference calculations are accurate (emphasis on the "if"), we are about 2 hours from landing in Warsaw.

Until then, Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment