Saturday, December 22, 2012

Shabbat in Jerusalem


Saturday, December 22, 2012
By one of the Mothers on the Mandell JCC Family Israel Trip

Last week as we were leaving a Bat Mitzvah in New Jersey I announced "Next week in Jerusalem" mimicking the words we say each Passover.  And here we are one week later really in Jerusalem awaiting the arrival of Shabbat. 

As I sit in a circle with my new  Israel family, especially looking at my own immediate family, with their new kippa on their heads, I could feel the Sabbath as never before. I can't really describe to anyone in words right now what a feeling this is, and the happiness and cohesiveness that is permeating in this room full of fellow Jews. 

I had to experience it myself having others tell me of their own experiences didn't do it justice.  Being in Israel to see my family experience it with me is a dream come true. I've wanted to come here with my family for very long time and it's finally happened. I'm here with my husband, my three teenage children, and my parents. And in these days my son will have his Bar Mitzvah on Masada. This is a dream come true. This is true love.















No comments:

Post a Comment