Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I Feel Like I Am Home!

Submitted by Andy Magin

Meet team member Andy Magin- A Israel Ride Alumni


My best memory of my ride in Israel is about the Shabbat we spent in Mitzpe Ramon.  It was Saturday night, we stood at the edge of the Machtesh and performed the Havdalah service under the stars. As we completed the service, people started to break into spontaneous song and dancing, that seemed to never end.  The Arab and Israeli guides played their instruments that led our spirits into a vortex of energy spiraling up to the heavens. It was one of the most beautiful and spiritually moving moments in my life.

 

But, before Shabbat, Bruce led a 27mph pace line into the town of Mitzpe Ramon, he seemed to not let up. We sped through the dessert, with only the strongest of riders being able to keep up.  When we arrived, we all dismounted our bikes, formed a circle around, and bowed to him paying our respects!  None of us knew at that time, that he was rushing through the dessert to get to the hotel before Shabbat so that he could get his massage in early!

 

My motivation for going on this trip is simple. I love Israel, I love the friends I am going with, and I love to ride my bike!

 

I have been connected to Israel throughout my entire life.  I breath the air and I feel I am home.

No comments:

Post a Comment